Any business that routinely creates ID badges, name tags, or key cards is likely to use a slot punch. But when these cards are being produced on a large scale, an electric punch is a convenient way to go. The Medium Duty Electric Slot Punch provides a quick and easy way to swiftly punch thin slits in cards ideal for fitting with retractable badge reels, strap clips, and lanyards. Here is a closer look.
- This machine is easy to use directly out of the slot pasti maxwin box. All you need to do is simply pull it out, plug it in, and flip the toggle switch to “On”. Another control on the top of the unit provides push button operation for the actual punching.
- For even more convenience, there is also a foot pedal control for punching. This allows you to use both hands for stacking cards and feeding them into the machine. The result is increased productivity. You’ll be able to punch more cards in less time than with a conventional, manual slot punch.
- A personal benefit to using an electric as opposed to manual machine is the reduction in physical stress. When manually punching cards constantly all day long, the strain on your muscles makes you susceptible to a stress injury. By simply tapping a pedal, you reduce the physical strain required and help keep your office injury free.
- The addition of an adjustable centering guide offers an efficient way to guarantee precise punches. This feature is especially handy when producing large batches of the same item. Simply align the guide with the first card. Then the rest can quickly slide in for punching. The guide is an excellent way to obtain perfectly centered slots for all your materials.
- The heavy duty steel construction provides punching through materials up to 70mil thick. This is perfect for making ID badges, name tags, key cards, and luggage tags. The slots are industry standard size, measuring 1/8 inch by 9/16 inch. Strap clips, badge reels, and lanyards easily slide through the hole to attach the card to whatever is needed.
- This product is backed by a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- This is a great machine for use in an office. However, since it needs to be plugged in, it can’t be used as a portable device. If this is an issue for you, we suggest a heavy duty manual punch. It will take more work to use but you can use them anywhere you need.
- The convenience of this device comes with a large price tag for such a small item. If you don’t need an electronic punching machine and are looking to cut costs, we recommend the Manual Tabletop Slot Punch for an affordable, manual slot punch that still offers heavy duty use.